Double Hung windows are among the most popular windows and for a good reason. These windows offer a timeless look that can complement any home style and are easy to operate and maintain.
Double hung windows are a single unit with two operable sashes that open up and down. They have built-in tracks that hold and allow the sashes to slide along.
Unlike regular windows that need space when open, Double Hung windows don’t need extra room since they open vertically.
Single Hung vs Double Hung Windows
The main difference between Single Hung and Double Hung windows is the sash design. The window sash is the frame that holds the panes of glass.
With a Double Hung window, the upper and lower sashes are both moveable. The upper sash can slide down, and the lower sash can slide up. Whereas with Single Hung windows, only the lower sash can slide.
The main reason for Double Hung Windows is improved ventilation. With Double Hung, you can open the bottom and top sashes halfway, so you have two openings. This provides for better ventilation.
Double Hung Windows From Miller Window
Miller Window has a wide range of windows, including double-hung windows in Central Florida. With over 20 years in the window business, we have installed thousands of windows in businesses and homes just like yours.
Our Double Hung Windows Features:
- High-performance glass with insulation, efficient thermal spacers, and argon gas fill
- Have a fully fusion-welded frame for their structural integrity
- Comes with sash interlocks that add security, energy conservation, and thermal efficiency
- Have 1-3/8 inch Weatherstripped still dam and balance to help prevent water infiltration and drafts
- Has a constant balancing system that provides effortless operation
- Comes with chambered profiles frames that provide structural strength and thermal efficiency
- Have coved interior glazing bead that adds elegance
- Extruded aluminum screen frame with corner reinforcement that provides worry-free performance for years
- Tilting sashes for easy cleaning
- Fully welded mainframe and sash corners for extra strength and durability
Some features may vary depending on the brand and model of that double-hung window.
Double-Hung Windows Customization
Double Hung windows are not one-size-fits-all. At Miller Windows, we understand this and offer various customization options. This means that you can get the perfect one for your home and business, no matter your style or needs.
Our customization options include the following:
- Grid patterns
- Glass type
Brands That We Install
The secret to our success lies in the quality of our products. We only work with the best and the most reputable brands in the industry. You can rest assured that your double-hung windows are of the highest quality.
Some of the brands that we install include:
- CGI Impact Resistant Windows & Doors
- PGT industries